Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Final Blog Posting

At the end of a student’s year you look back over that year to determine what were some of the successes and challenges this student faced.  And, you want to pass along that knowledge to their next year’s teacher so the teacher can continue where you left off.  The same can be true for myself when it comes to technology in my classroom.  

My students are proficient in using technology in the classroom.  They can:
  • copy and paste text
  • select whole text to modify page layout and text format
  • create drawings within documents to create pictures with captions or labels
  • CENTER a title as opposed to tabbing over until it looks right
  • navigate through park like assessments
  • create their own Kahoots
The list to continue.  But as I look back on this year and integrating technology in the classroom, I am confident my students are leaving 5th grade prepared and ready to enter into a 6th grade classroom.  They know how to find and use the tools available to them to make their writing and projects fantastic.  

I am excited for the opportunity to see how much growth next year’s class can continue to have knowing I can start the year with some of the tools and resources I have learned this year in the Inspired Writing Class.  Cheers to a great year being a risk-taker, learner, presenter, and instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment