Friday, November 7, 2014

November - How Do I Manage It All?

How do we manage it all?  I love the fact that our team has move to online assessments, but the grading and management of it all has me incredibly overwhelmed.  I think I live in the olden days, where I focus more specifically on grading the papers sitting on my desk, and forget about the online assessments or tasks I have given kids.  I am looking forward to seeing how google classroom plays out; also, the idea that student responses will be all in one place.  Right now, I have to open up each persons folder and click around until I find where the student put what I need to grade.  I had a huge ah ha though.  I had every student share their 5th grade folder with me. Now, I have a 90% chance of at least being able to find the paper.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    It is overwhelming you are not alone in feeling that way. Google Classroom is a great solution to this problem as it automatically shares each document with you and organizes it all in your Drive - it takes the work out of it in that way. It also allows you to grade within each assignment so that it is easier to keep track of your online grading. It is not the perfect tool, but it does help you to stay organized minus the headache :)

    ReplyDelete